Sunday, August 26, 2007

a night on the town

For dinner I took the metro with Sara and Ben to Ma'adi. Ma'adi is a wealthier neighborhood south of downtown, where many expats and upper class Egyptians live. We went to a cafe where I discovered the joys of feter. Similar to a crepe, but thicker, we split one with nutella and cinnamon for dinner. The joys of living without parents.







































Later I met up with Amr and my roommates. We went to his friend's penthouse over tahrir square (where AUC is), and then went to a hookah bar where everyone was watching a soccer match. The cafe was pretty full, so the owner moved our seats out onto the sidewalk--I'm not sure whether he wanted us on display, whether he thought we wouldn't like the noise, or whether the guys didn't want girls inside--it was quite the sausage fest... Three more of Amr's friends showed up, all named Ahmed.

Here we are at the penthouse! From left to right: Amr, Erin, Lesley (my roomie), and moi.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I see you like my shirt... I'm jealous of the cute cafes.

Cameron said...

Me too!!!! Also of nutella and an abundance of boys named Ahmed!
It sounds like you are having so much fun. xo